Edson Golf Club
Golf Club Update
The 2020 golf season has arrived, most unfortunately amidst a worldwide pandemic and provincial state of emergency. Our Edson Golf team is teeing up enhanced safety protocols to provide the safest, most enjoyable golf environment for everyone amidst a rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. These changes help our guests and staff follow social distancing recommendations while enabling our guests to continue experiencing our great golf course.
Edson Golf Course (EGC) is planning to open to the public, Friday May 1. Please understand that this date might change as daily new government recommendation and rules for recreation facilities and businesses are being created in order to stop the spread of this virus. The health and safety of our guests, our staff and our community are our top priority.
Please be advised that the following events and services will be postponed or modified in order to meet our social responsibilities. Men’s, Ladies, Senior’s and junior leagues and lessons will all be postponed to a later undetermined date at this time.
Contrasting to our new operating environment, EGC has some positive news including a new superintendent, new club house building plans, new Pro shop merchandise from golf equipment to apparel.
In compliance with the AB provincial health officers’ recommendation to slow the spread and flatten the curve of COVID-19, EGC is taking significant steps toward protecting our guests and staff, so please read our COVID-19 response plan.
Once we are closer to our projected opening date and know more information, we will be sending out another news letter.
Stay safe and healthy
The Board of Directors and Staff of EGC
In order to create a safe environment to enjoy the game of golf during this time the Edson Golf Club will be following this response plan – any person not following the Alberta health service COVID-19 social spacing guidance or meeting the Edson Golf Course guidelines will be asked to leave the course immediately.
Parking lot etiquette:
• Social distancing signs will be posted outside in parking lot area
Pro shop measure
• Call or online booking will be preferred
• Social distancing will be marked out in pro shop to ensure the safety of our staff, please keep back a minimum of 4 to 6 feet from counter
• Hand sanitizing station at the front door to be used by everyone prior to entering the pro shop
• Maximum 4 guests in the pro shop at one time
• Cash will NOT be accepted. Credit/Debit only being accepted
• No trying on any pro shop merchandise, all sales are final
• Credit cards used to reserve bookings will be used to take payment for the entire tee time upon arrival.
• Payment terminals, counter tops, door handles and all other high traffic surfaces will be sanitized regularly
• No rental clubs will be available at this time
• Tee times will be extended to 10 mins to reduced number of people
Guest services/Power cart measures
• Guests will have the option to ride alone in a power cart
• Golf carts will be fully sanitized between each use (steering wheel, consoles, keys, seats, arm rests, etc)
• Cart waiver forms have been updated and must be signed prior to your round
• Members and guests are required to load and unload their items on the power cart themselves
On course/practice facility measures
• Leave the flagsticks in the cups (avoid touching)
• Cups will be modified so touching the flag or reaching into cup is not required to pick up ball – If the ball hits the cup it can be considered holed
• No rakes in bunkers
• No sand and seed bottles (replace your divots please)
• On course bathrooms will be open and will be sanitized daily
• Driving range spacing will be increased and baskets will be sanitized after each use – avoid touching balls to place on tees.
• Putting green – no holes but into surface only pins to aim at, reduced number of pins to enable social spacing requirement.
• Beverage services will be modified as required